Wednesday 16 November 2011

When life gives you lemons make.... lemon cupcakes!

No birthdays this time just the urge to make cupcakes.

Lemon cupcakes - a simple sponge with lemon zest, which makes them lemon-y, same with the icing just add grated zest. I was quite surprised that it was the zest that made them taste that way rather than juice or syrup.

I was a bit concerned at first about the icing it wasn't quite as thick as the other butter icing and I wasn't sure it would make a swirl like the chocolate cakes I made a couple of weeks ago. But actually I think it looks quite good as just a layer of icing rather than a swirl.

There are just a couple of things I wish I had done and will do next time. I will take the middle out and put lemon curd in and put sugar lemons, what you usually have at Christmas, on the top as decoration.

They were really nice though I was a bit surprised as I didn't think they would be as nice as they were. Another success.


No comments:

Post a Comment