Thursday 3 November 2011

There is something magnetic in the polish

We have had Barry M's nail effects with the crackling effect, we have had Revlon and Rimmel's scented polishes, now we have magnetic nail polish.

I have the black Barry M nail effect and the peach Rimmel scent nail polish. I also have some glittery ones the Revlon Facets of Fuschia and OPI's Bring on the Bling, great but really horrible to take off as the cotton wool sticks to the glitter. Other than that I love it.

Now the latest trend is magnetic nail polish. Polish that has iron powder in it, you paint your nails, hold a magnet over the top and whatever the pattern is on there you get the same on your nails.

Nails Inc have three colours for £13 each, to see the effect you can get visit... http://www.nailsinc.com/magnetic.

However, while at Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model Live my sister and I got chatting to a man from FashionistA make up who said they made the one for Nails Inc but had now started their own range.

Who do they have as the face of the range? The Saturdays. On sale in Superdurg the nail polishes are £6 each, the magnet is £3 and at the moment it is 3 for 2. The reason why the magnet is separate is that you only need one and they are planning to launch different patterns in the next few months. The current one is a wave pattern.

As you can probably guess there are five colours...
Frankie - Notorious Silver
Una - Ego Green
Mollie - Purple Me Up
Rochelle - All Fired Up Red
Vanessa - Forever is Blue


At Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model Live they were selling them on offer, two nail polishes and the magnetic for £10. So between me and my sister we got all but the green one. (sorry Una!).



The nail polishes are quite nice on their own. When I got home I tried Vanessa's blue one, and to be honest for first go the pattern didn't come out that well, a little faint but the faintest hint of the wave.

I'm not sure if it is because it is quite dark and it doesn't show up as good. But not one to give up I will keep trying, I have the silver one as well maybe that will show up better.

You can get The Saturday's at Superdrug or here...
http://www.thesaturdays.co.uk/news/the-saturdays-magnetism-nail-lacquer-is-now-in-store-and-online/

To be honest I am looking forward to see what the next nail polish trend is.

No comments:

Post a Comment