Tuesday 29 November 2011

Kasabian, The Brighton Centre, 28/11/2011

The last time I saw Kasabian was a couple of years ago when West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum came out. It was up in Manchester at the Apollo I think, it was so hot and crammed full so although it was a good gig, it was a little mental.

This time however, at the Brighton Centre it was cool and although full it wasn't rammed, and it was...the best gig ever!

Now again if you don't want to know what songs they play, the encore and that stop reading!

As I was saying this gig was just phenomenal! This is a band that know what they are doing and know how to rock.

They played so many hits, it was relentless you do forget how many good songs they have. L.S.F, Clubfoot, Shoot the Runner, Vlad the Impaler and Take Aim.

Tom and Serge are just to fantastic singers, and I would say dressers but I'm not sure about Serge's parka with feathers or his tiger print tight fitted t-shirt.

Their music live is just...out of this world! When you see Serge playing the opening bit of Vlad it is just...I can't describe it but like nothing I have heard before.

Tom may not be ultra cocky but he is a fantastic front man and can command a stage and captivate an audience. It was like no gig I have been to before. Much better than the gig in Manchester, which I can only assume was like being in the centre of the sun.

The encore was hard-core! They played Switchblade Smiles, Vlad the Impaler and ended with Fire, I am not lying when I say the whole room was jumping, dancing, pogoing just going completely mental and it was fantastic. Tiring but amazing. I have never seen a room come alive, with standing and seating going crazy.

In the encore you could feel the bass through your spine and it just echoes around the room, fantastic!

The set was really good as well it was like a dome, and the graphics felt 3D at points.

They got the mix of songs right as well, mixing old with new, album and singles but the whole crowd loved it. It was the type of gig when at first you go what's this....oh yer I remember this one!


I don't think anyone left that venue disappointed, and I was for one was not at all, this was what gigs are meant to be like, your ears hurt, your legs hurt everything hurts but it was so worth it.


If you like your music live and relentless and amazing and brilliant and just....indescribable then see Kasabian you will not regret it.

I should say as well Miles Kane was the support. I had seen him before supporting Beady Eye, he was really good, he is very cocky and really got the crowd going, as a good support act should.

He played some new tracks which were really good, he did well and you wouldn't have realised as first he was the support he had the whole crowd under his spell.

So if next year at any festivals you see either Miles Kane or Kasabian on the list make sure you see them, you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment