Wednesday 13 June 2012

The F-word

No that F word but fraud.

For over a week now I have been without my bank card, did I lose it? No. I was a victim of online card fraud.
I still had my card up until the bank cancelled it and I cut it up so how someone got my details is beyond me but left me very angry and frustrated.
What annoyed me also was people saying 'you will get the money back', 'it isn't personal'. 

However, it was my debit account so it was my money I had earnt it, it wasn't credit on a credit card, also it is a pain having no bank card so having to borrow money.

I suppose you could say it is a victimless crime. The people who commit it don't see the impact on the people. Ok so it may not be devastating but it is just an awful feeling knowing someone can take your money in that way.
The bank were the ones who noticed the strange actions for my account and they  have been brilliant, but it is just frustrating people spending others people's money. Hello we are in a recession everyone is feeling the pinch, don't take from others!

Sorry rant over!

No comments:

Post a Comment