Friday 8 June 2012

Saved by the Cake - Blondie cupcakes

For my birthday I was given  Marian Keyes' new book 'Saved by the Cake' - a cake cook book.

I am a big fan of Marian Keyes' other books including her fiction and journalism articles so it was a no brainer when I saw she had a cook book I asked for it for my birthday.

There are a load of great recipes, and as Marian is not a cook they are laid out in easy terms that even a novice won't be put off.

Flicking through I was tempted to do quite a few the cheesecakes look amazing but instead I decided on Blondie cupcakes.

Blondies are like brownies, but use white chocolate instead of milk. In this instance as well Marian has decided to make cupcakes. Best of all they have no icing as at the moment icing sugar seems to be my nemesis.

Over the weekend at a bit of a loose end I decided to give them a go.

You melt butter and the white chocolate together, I did it in 30 second blasts in the microwave, the smell of butter is not nice though I really didn't like.

You only use the electric whisk to mix the eggs and sugar, you fold the flour and everything else together with a spatula which is a little different from other recipes. It did make it lighter though, you then add the nuts and the rest of the chocolate, put it in the cases and put in the oven.

They are delicious lovely creamy chocolate and the hazelnuts, the recipe said you should use macadamia nuts or hazelnuts.

They were easy to make and really nice.

Give them a go.



No comments:

Post a Comment