Monday 4 June 2012

Land of hope and glamour - Diamond jubilee macaroons

Now I have said it before and I will say it again. I love the Royal Family, so as the UK celebrates the Diamond Jubilee I thought I would share with you a little treat.

In M&S the other week I stumbled across some macaroons. 

I knew instantly I had to buy them, after my recent trip to Paris I have become slightly obsessed with the sugary treats.

Also they had crowns on and were metallic!

The flavours come in salted caramel, dark chocolate and praline.

I have never had salted caramel before so was keen to give them a try. It is very similar to the praline flavour, so my quest to try salted caramel continues.

They were really delicious, they were of the same almond consistency of the ones I tried in Paris and were just little delights. However, I will admit the ones in Paris were better but than you can't compete with a patisserie really.

All three were delicious, especially the dark chocolate flavour.
They were about £4 for six, so not exactly cheap but still for a jubilee treat worth the money.

I think if you haven't tried macaroons before you are probably better getting more normal flavours, M&S also do 24 macaroons for £10 (http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Mini-Macaroons/dp/B005OT5I18) in vanilla, raspberry and chocolate. Whereas these ones are probably more of an acquired taste.

So if you want to add a little glamour to your Jubilee party give these a whirl.





No comments:

Post a Comment