Friday 1 June 2012

On offer you say, 3 for 2 on cosmetics, well if I must

I love a bargain and due to the recent bout of good weather we have been having I decided I needed a pastel yellow nail polish.

Off I went one lunchtime to have a look at what Barry M had to offer when I saw a sign every girl loves to see, '3 for 2 on all cosmetics'. It was like a beacon of light descending from the heavens. Now the only challenge was picking three items, as opposed to six or 12.

I went for one MaxFactor and two Barry M.






It took me a while but I eventually found a yellow I was happy with, MaxFactor - Max Effect mini nail polish in Mellow Yellow. I tried it later that day, it took three coats to get a good enough coverage but didn't chip as quickly as I thought it would. The more coats you put on usually the more likely it is to chip.

It is a really nice mellow colour and looked great in the sunny weather. I think it would also work well if it is grey outside adding a little mini sunshine to your day. It costs £3.99

For my next two choices I went to my old favourite Barry M.

My first choice was another of their magnetic nail polishes, the red with the diagonal stripes. I have yet to try it out but loved the ruby red colour and thought it would also look great with the Union Jack style magnet I bought recently. Priced at £4.99.

My third choice took a little longer, but eventually I decided to try out Barry M's croc effect nail polish. I already have the shatter one and really loved it. Also after having seeing Barry M's TV advert with the croc pattern I knew I had to try it out. Priced at £3.99.

So the other night I applied Barry M's Pink Flamingo polish and then the crocodile print. It says a thin layer but I did quite a thick layer as it makes it stand out a lot more.

Within minutes it starts to crackle. It is different from the shatter as the pattern is quite small so the colour beneath doesn't completely show through. It looks more like a wrap than a polish, but I would advise putting clear polish over the top as after a couple of days it starts to wear off and fade rather than chip.

It will be great over the summer and  change from the shatter polish. Also croc print is in trend this summer, with bags, leggings and shoes getting in on the act. So this nail polish is a cheaper way to get in fashion.



Overall I was more than happy with my purchases, now I just have to avoid Superdrug until the offer is over for fear of being more polishes.



To have a look at what they have on offer check out the website:

No comments:

Post a Comment